Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Drunkard's Process

Thoughts derived from my reading of the Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Here we go. This is the first of, what I hope to be, many essays written to share my own personal insights of my readings of the classics. Please feel free to share your own personal thoughts and experience on the topic by commenting on this entry.

The easiest way to view the paper is by clicking the rectangle in the righthand corner of the document below. This click will automatically resize the paper to a much more comfortable viewing size. Enjoy.

DrJekyll and Mr. Hyde

4 comments:

  1. Justin,

    That was excellent insight. I have never read this book before but now have a desire to read it. I loved the parallels you found throughout and how it pertains to each of us and the continuous battle to suppress and control the natural man.

    I think this blog is an excellent idea. I have read quite a few books this past year and can't remember the plot of the book let alone remember the lessons taught. The books lessons may have affected me for a short time, but as time went on I forgot what I learned because I failed to write them down and give them the proper thought they deserved.

    Thank you so much for allowing others to learn from your reads and experiences. I look forward to reading more of your insights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Justin, and I am looking forward to your next entry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great writer. I don't like writing and I am not very good at it. I would rather talk than write. I really enjoyed your paper. I really can relate to the two personalities. Many times I feel that I have two people battling it out inside of me. I wish I could say that the good always overcomes the bad but unfortunately that is not always the case. What is funny is that human nature says that I can control things and they convince themselves that they have the power and control. What begins to happen is that the bad or the addiction starts to control them without them even knowing it. They wake up one day and realize that they don't have control anymore, the addiction does. By that time, the road back to recover is a long hard one. But, with the atonement of Jesus Christ all can be made whole again. I appreciate you hard work and admire your for your pursuit of knowledge and a higher level of learning.

    Keep it up!!!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  4. When is your next paper? I am waiting.....

    ReplyDelete